Friday, May 18, 2012

Through The Looking Glass (and what Eartha found there)


Mister Kitsch and I were in a completely drab office building last week when we chanced upon this tiny little door, marked as Little Jimmy Dickens' office.






I was so thrilled by it that I couldn't bring myself to so much as open the door for fear of only finding old files or mops and brooms and not a rhinestone covered Little Jimmy behind a tiny little desk.

Or perhaps an enchanting alternate universe like this where I'd gladly be his gingham and bows frocked Alice:





Until next time,
x's and o's,
Eartha

8 comments:

Tami Von Zalez said...

EK - we want to know what is behind the door! It is like "Being John Malkovich" where you slide into a different reality? Oh jeez, you've got me going now ~

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

oh man! i love that. i have a picture of me with little jimmy dickens somewhere. we met him at the opry once. my best friend and i call him little monkey dickens because he is so tiny and cute, haha.

E said...

What a fun find !! I took my niece and daughter to his 90th "Birthday Party" at the Ryman, he is sooo cute, and the bantering with his buddy Brad was too funny. I grab all the opportunities I find to experience these living legends hope I get to see him perform again. E

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Definitely a Malkovich door! I think every office should have one.

Decades a Go-Go said...

That is SOOO fantastic!

Miss Simmonds Says said...

I'm obviously not the first person who mentioned being John Malcovich or Alice in Wonderland, but it has that feel

Unknown said...

I might just have peed my pants if I would have found this door...you should go back there and put something funny behind it...hang a silly random picture or dress a stuffed animal in a mini suit and top hat...just to surprise the next person to open it...that's where the weird place in my mind goes anyway haha. I constantly will print off random vintage photos of "the dog faced boy" or "the octopus man" (vintage circus "freaks") and put them hanging in the fridge for my hubby to find when he goes for a drink...haha...entertains the heck outta me ;)

BEESTLYproducts said...

hahah! that is amazing.