Wednesday, February 13, 2013

This is Ruffing Awesome


I know a lot of you are like me and have been hitting:

Play.
                Dance Around.
     Repeat. 



on the amazing song "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore &  Ryan Lewis so I had to share this remake version with you from the angle of freshly adopted shelter dogs:





You know that I'm so about promoting shelter adoptions and I think they did a great job with that one. I fall out when that dog says, "Dang, that's a cold-ass Shar-Pei."  And jeez Louise....how many of us want a DeLorean?! I'd fill that thing full of dogs and roll.


If you haven't seen NPR's Tiny Desk Concert with Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, go watch. It is  fifteen minutes of fabulousness.  The first song "Same Love" is amazing and always makes me get weepy eyed. You'll also get to see "Thrift Shop" and "Can't Hold Us" (with a mighty fine feature spot with Ray Dalton).  Go here to watch.

Okay, Edit: I want a DeLorean full of dogs and Macklemore. He's a cutie.

Also check out the rest of the awesome Tiny Desk Concerts over on YouTube. There are currently 197 concerts online. I always like to see who will pop up next.

Have a great Wednesday, y'all! And for those of you who are still hanging in there with ABC's "Nashville", it was finally getting juicy last week. Let's see what happens tonight!

Until next time,
x's and o's,
Eartha








10 comments:

Jamie@OwlReally.com said...

adorable!!! i posted a version of the song today too - great minds think alike! love the dogs!!!

Leah said...

Totally clever and awesome! Love it! Thanks. :)

Dakota said...

This is the best!! Thanks for sharing, it just about made my day! Definitely going to play it for my li'l pound pup Banjo ;)

Unknown said...

Yes! Another one that I can share with my kids :-)

Unknown said...

Ooh!!! I love tiny desk concerts. I will definitely go look this one up. I also want a delorean full of rescue mutts. I already have 2 so I'm well on my way!!!

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

oh i love that! i laughed out loud at the cold ass sharpei too! that video rules!
and for real macklemore is SO CUTE!

jaymie said...

Cute! and thanks for the tiny concert, that was very good.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo, I LOVE that tiny desk concert!! Were you the one that sent me searching for it a few weeks ago?? If so, then thanks!! -Joan.

Rob and Monica said...

very cute!!! And Tiny Desk concerts are cool! I have to admit I NEVER heard of "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, I had to google to find out what it even was..... (this is Monica, oh I just asked and Rob has no clue either!)

Stacy @ Stacyverb said...

Oh, thank you for posting this! The only thing that could be better than the real Thrift Shop song is a version about doggie adoption.